At Arturo, we “Decide with Intelligence.” Arturo’s artificial intelligence (AI) models help insurance carriers make smarter decisions throughout the policy lifecycle, from the property level to the portfolio level.
Our origin as a company developed inside of American Family Insurance sets us apart. We know the business like the back of our hand—because we were once part of it. Today, Arturo continues to build solutions with customer success in mind. We empower companies with critical property insights to make the most innovative and best decisions for their business and clients. Arturo delivers on-demand property data utilizing multi-source imagery via a configurable API, enabling a better risk assessment and impactful ROI for our customers.
Arturo consistently adapts to an ever-changing professional landscape. We support our employees by providing a remote-first flexible work schedule, competitive benefits, home office allowance, and operate an unlimited flexible leave policy.
We are a start-up culture in every sense of the word…we hold a high bar, we lead with empathy, we expect creativity, operate with accountability, and strive for excellence in execution. We also have a lot of fun.
Empowering Fortune 500 customers with timely and accurate property information at scale and on budget is what we do, and we are looking for your help. We are a small (and growing) team of talented software and machine learning engineers delivering on-demand analytics from aerial/satellite imagery. We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter and creative DevOps/Infrastructure engineer to help us continue to evolve our production and data science platforms.
What You'll Do:
- Architect & own AWS infrastructure
- Ownership of network & security infrastructure (in particular k8s networking)
- Ownership of CICD and development workflows
- Ownership of Kubernetes systems & tooling
- Distributed systems best practices, setup, and management
- Establishing user enrollment and access policies
- Ownership of Site Reliability
- Design and implement systems that have short feedback loops
- Build and maintain robust integration tests
- Work proactively vs. reactively
- Create infrastructure with code
- Design and implement highly scalable, observable systems.
What You Bring as Core Competencies:
- Expert knowledge of AWS systems
- Expert kubernetes knowledge of AWS EKS, GCP k8s or AKS
- Experience with kubernetes scaling (Cluster Autoscaler, HPA, VPA, KEDA)
- Expert knowledge of Docker
- Expert knowledge of Helm
- Comfortable working with/debugging CICD systems (Jenkins & GitOps)
- Knowledge of networking protocols
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Terraform and Terragrunt IaC experience
- AWS CloudFormation templating
- ELK stack or log solution equivalent experience (Prometheus and k8s metrics)
- Knowledge of cyber security best practices for networks and websites
- Knowledge of Blue/Green deployments vs canary
Nice To Haves:
- Comfortable with service meshes (e.g. lstio)
- Apigee or similar API Gateway experience
- CNCF project experience
- CNCF certifications
- AWS/GCP/Microsoft cloud certifications
- Comfortable with large scale queuing systems
- Setting up networking routes and using VPN solutions like OpenVPN, strongSwan, P2P VPN
- Familiarity with database administration and configuration including redis, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, Amazon RDS, and data warehousing
- Experience with implementing and maintaining SOC 2 Type 2 or ISO 27001 standards and best practices
What You'll Learn:
- GitOps, AWS EKS, Terraform, Networking, Security, Data management
- Object oriented programming/scripting (Python, bash)
- Operating system platforms (linux)
- Source control management (Github)
- CICD tooling
- Agile methodologies
- Containers & Orchestration
- 12 Factor app design
- You are excited about building things that do not yet exist
- You enjoy solving problems that initially seem impossible
- You relish working alongside passionate, respectful, and intelligent teammates
- You value being challenged by those around you to achieve great things
- You take pride in your work and want to see results provide tangible value
- You keep up with the latest deep learning research
- You are passionate about solving challenging computer vision / deep learning problems that advance the state of the art
- You want to create the most sophisticated and accurate products in the InsureTech spaceFortune 500 customers will use the outputs of your models to power their business and make decisions
Arturo for ALL
We are committed to building a culture as unique as the people, perspectives, and passions it represents. We promise never to settle when it comes to diversity, equity, and inclusion. As the world changes and evolves, we will always listen, learn and do.
Arturo is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.