We think Rust is the best language for new systems software! Our core platform is all in Rust, from microservices in our distributed control plane to our high-performance data services. Everything we do is built on Linux and we are rethinking how control and data planes are built on modern programmable kernels using eBPF, Wireguard, io_uring, and other such features. We think using these from Rust gives us the best balance of performance and safety for our customers. And it is a lot of fun too!
Salary $100,000 to $200,000
You will love this job if:
- You love Rust!
- You have beaten your head against web infrastructure and distributed systems and won!
- You know how to balance rapid development with long-term code maintainability and supportability.
- Your range of experience with frontend, backend, machine learning, or full-stack is one of your superpowers.
- You are an experienced debugger unfazed by the firefighting needed when production environments are in flames.
- You are detail-oriented and passionate about creating an awesome user experience.
- You are comfortable with a variety of modern software frameworks and learn new tools as a matter of course or just for fun.
- You put EQ above ego and focus on team success helping your team members through code reviews.